Types of Slot Machines
Slot games online - Slots online - VLTs online
Even though most slots seem to be different, there are only a few different types of slots that cover a wide range of slot games. These are:
- Straight Slots
- Progressive Slots
- Bonus Game Slots
Straight slots are just that. These are slot machines where you can play only slot games and the winnings are paid out in a standard way. These are the simplest games to both play and understand. These games are not complicated and don't contain any surprises.
Although straight slots are easy, there are still variations. These variations include:
- Wildcard - This is a symbol that will substitute for any other symbol, meaning that you have more chance of a payout because this symbol can be anything at all that it needs to be.
- The Multiplier - This is when one or more reels has a symbol that multiplies a win by a certain amount, usually x2, x2, x5 etc.
- Bonus Multiplier - This is when one of more reels has a symbol that multiples a bonus that is received if you get that symbol as well. Almost like a wild card, but only works when you get that wild card in a bonus payout.
- Multiple Paylines - This is when there is more then one line that you can bet on to win. Some machines have up to 20 different pay lines that you can bet on and each pay line that you bet on is a new bet.
- Buy A Pay - These are slot machines that have more then one payout table, and to bet on each payout table costs an extra bet. This means that it costs more to bet, but there are more chances to win as there are different combinations of symbols that can come up on each pay table.